[Vision2020] Richard Dawkins calls for arrest of PopeBenedictXVI

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 15 11:35:32 PDT 2010

As clearly reflected in the documents posted earlier, g.

"It is our sad duty as your Session to inform you, the congregation of
Emmanuel OPC, that one of our members has crossed that line.  Acting as
his own accuser, Mr. Steven SItler, has acknowledged to the Session that
he has been actively engaged in a serious and persistent pattern of sin.
The Session has determined that the offense committed by Steven Sitler is
the breaking of the seventh commandment (the sin of sexual immorality) in
an egregious manner.  The Session has accepted his confession and has
proceeded to pronounce the censure of suspension from the privileges of
church membership for an indefinite period of time."

- The Session of Emmanuel Orthodox Presbyterian Church (March 20, 2005)

http://www.tomandrodna.com/CR_2005_02027/EmOrthPresCh_Ltr_032005.pdf

-----------

The Criminal Complaint (July 6, 2005)

http://www.tomandrodna.com/CR_2005_02027/Criminal_Complaint.pdf

-----------

"I am grateful that Steven was caught, and am grateful he has been brought
to account for these actions so early in life.  I am grateful that he will
be sentenced for his behavior, and that there will be hard consequences
for him in real time.  At the same time, I would urge that the civil
penalties applied would be measured and limited.  I have good hope that
Steven has genuinely repented, and that he will continue to deal with this
to become a productive and contributing member of society."

- Douglas Wilson (August 19, 2005)

http://www.tomandrodna.com/CR_2005_02027/CC_Ltr_081905.pdf

-----------

Then, less than a month after being released (after serving a year -
thanks to a sweet plea deal), Mr. Sitler violated his probation.

I strongly suspect that Doug WIlson was well aware of Steven SItler's
"history" prior to penning his support urging that "civil penalties
applied would be measured and limited."

Neither you nor I, g, can state with any certainty whether or not Steven
Sitler has recommitted sexual offenses against children here in Moscow.
We can only hope (and pray) that he has not.

"Uh, how about a 1-strike law. Death doesn't seem too extreme for a
Level-3 sex offender."

- Dale Courtney (August 3, 2005)