[Vision2020] A Measured Response........

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 12 14:55:02 PDT 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010 14:19:26 Wayne Price wrote:
> Well, now that the Walmarche' is taking their business and taxes
> out   of state, it's time for a measured response.......  STOP
> BUYING THERE! Our elected officials already groveled and tugged
> their collective forelocks and that didn't work. They DO understand
> money.

In the world of personal computers the acronym MBR usually refers to
the Master Boot Record, or sometimes to a Memory Buffer Register for
assembly language programmers. However, perhaps the acronym can be
redesignated to encourage a Moscow Business Renaissance this fall and
winter. A fall and holiday "Buy Local for a MBR" campaign may be able
to bring some holiday cheer that would otherwise be unavailable.

Some businesses may be able to note marginal sales increases in items
similar to or substitutable for Wal-Mart distributed merchandise due
to the longer, costlier, drive to the new location, and etc., etc.

However, Moscow food retailers may not enjoy the results of a large,
new, Washington-located store selling groceries so close to the Idaho
border with no requirement to collect sales taxes on food items.

Ken