[Vision2020] A Measured Response........

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Mon Apr 12 14:19:26 PDT 2010

Well, now that the Walmarche' is taking their business and taxes out
of state, it's time for a measured response.......  STOP BUYING THERE!
Our elected officials already groveled and tugged their collective
forelocks and that didn't work. They DO understand money.

There are at least two financial quarters before the store here
closes, and companies like Walmart only are worried about the bottom
line, so hit them where it hurts.

 From Moscow Daily News:
It’s official: Moscow Walmart to close

April 12, 2010, 12:39 pm

Walmart Spokesman Josh Phair said the company has decided to close its
Moscow location this fall in conjunction with the opening of the
Pullman super center, which is currently

under construction.

The 225-250 employees at Moscow Walmart will be transferred to the new
Pullman site, but Phair said he was unsure whether employees will have
to go through the interview process again.

“We wanted to ensure to our associates that whatever happens to our
Moscow site that they knew that their jobs are secure,” Phair said.
“So the plan is to relocate the store including all the associates.

Phair said Walmart executives will decide in the coming months whether
the Moscow site will be closed indefinitely or open again at a later
date. Phair was unaware of any re-openings Walmart has had in the past.

Walmart leaders also are considering the option of selling the Moscow
building once it is closed.
“That’s certainly one of the scenarios,” Phair said. “Like I said,
nothing’s been really decided as you know, but that’s one of the
options on the table.”

The Moscow store is slated for closure on the day the Pullman super
center opens. With the Moscow staff already lined up for the Pullman
location’s positions, Walmart will hire about 100 new employees,
rather than the 300 — 350 they previously intended on hiring.