[Vision2020] Is there an Idaho?

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Mon Apr 5 14:17:38 PDT 2010

Carl,

I have to laugh every time an issue like this comes up. Back in 2007,
while still on active duty in the Army, My  security clearance came up
for updating and review. It's now done by contractors rather than the
military itself,
and the contractor  wanted to know WHY my home of record was the
capitol Russian Federation, Moscow, and why I had a Russian e-mail
account, moscow.com!  He was convinced that MOSCOW IDAHO didn't exist
and he implied that if I was a "good american" I'd have an american e-
mail account!  He then referred my case to the senior clearance
official in my chain of command, which thank God, was ME!  So needless
to say, I had to review the report of the army officer that lived in
Moscow and had a "russian" e-mail account!  Needless to say, I granted
myself the waiver and the waiver for the General that I was working
for as he lived in St. Petersburg!!!!!  The folks that got the biggest
laugh over this one were the Russians in the detachment we had from
the Russian Federation!  When I was decorated the silver medal of the
Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, they  mentioned that
now I'd really get into trouble!  Makes me wonder just how accurate
other security files such as the no fly lists are!

Wayne