[Vision2020] The Sons of Confederate Veterans Revisited

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 30 18:20:48 PDT 2009

Hail to the Vision!

I have heard from a chaplain in the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV), and his main objection to my column is that he has never heard of Doug Wilson and Steve Wilkins.  I answered that I didn't claim that I did and that it was irrelevant to the point of the column.

I have, however, revised my column because of his response. He was not able to point out any errors in the piece, but I did update the SCV leadership and documented their neo-Confederate connections.

I could not find the John Wilkes Booth Camp on the SCV website, so I substituted the T-Shirt (see revised version) that was advertised in “The Southern Partisan,” whose Editor-in-Chief is the outgoing SCV “Commander-in-Chief.”

The 2008 PDF file of the SCV Constitution contained no mention of the American Flag or the Pledge of Allegiance, supporting my allegation. I had no access to previous versions to confirm presence or absence of the above, so I deleted that paragraph as well.

I have attached the PDF file of the revised version.

Nick Gier