[Vision2020] are you interested in having backyard chickens?

Sam Scripter moscowsam at verizon.net
Wed Sep 30 13:12:32 PDT 2009

Ah, ha, Bill!  So, you are 'fessing up!  You remember, like I did,
how it used to be, the permitted numbers for residential
chickens, in Moscow's past!!!   ; )

If "they" make it legal here, and if my wife and I cut down on our
traveling, we'd both enjoy having some egg-layers to play with.

Not sure I'm up to slaughtering them, though.  I remember
my HUGE Black Jersey Giant rooster in Los Angeles.  I had
to put him down because he was wearing out the hens; they
didn't have many feathers left on their backs.  But he didn't
go down easy.  I had a stump and a hefty hatchet, but it took
more than one blow.  What a tough neck he had.  Too bad. He
was a gorgeous bird. [I have lots of roosters in my kitchen
and living room.]

But my wife has done the plucking and singeing as a kid,
which I always hated, so I guess I'd be the non-laying hen
slayer and she the chicken plucker!!!

So much for musing.

Have to be "legal", first!

Sam I am in Moscow