[Vision2020] Say What?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Sep 29 23:35:51 PDT 2009

On the other hand, Nous, laughing at Courtney's posting of the racist Obama "Ise Yo' President" while adding another joke of your own -- about the knee-slapping hilarity of the President's assassination a mere 20 min. after Inauguration -- does tend to convict you.

Tell ya what.  Why don't you come out and strongly condemn Kinism?  I don't mean pick out one or two things they believe that aren't horrifically evil -- for example, they do believe in the Resurrection, although they appear not to have availed themselves of the grace it bespoke, and perhaps they, like me, prefer Crest to Colgate.  Why not strongly condemn the "societal order" lauded by the neo-Confederates that describes the days when folks knew their place, and tell us what possible good can come of association with neo-Confederates, especially for the Christian?  Why not acknowledge that Joe Wilson's got a real affection for Dixie and the Confederate flag that represents racism to thinking men and women, and so maybe his intemperate outburst at the President might just be a wee, tiny bit tainted by prejudice on his part?  And why not apologize for encouraging Courtney's bigotry and adding to it?

In fact, why not join millions of other Christians in lamenting the existence of any racism at all, anywhere, at any time, instead of trumpeting the apparent fact that "racist" and "racism" didn't exist in the dictionary in 1930 -- an omission that wouldn't be too hard to understand, given the insular nature of the lexicographers' academe in the early 20th century?   After all, the term "Kinist" probably hasn't been around forever, either, but no one would deny that the English-speaking world has been full of so-called "Christians" who believe that exaltation of the "White race" is second only to exaltation of the Savior whose Jewishness makes their grotesque anti-Semitism more than a little puzzling in both its evil and its stupidity.

How about it, Chris?  I'd love to see you not look like a racist.  I don't hate you, but I'd love to know you join me in hating racial prejudice and acknowledging its cancerous effect on this nation.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com