[Vision2020] Fw: [Spam 9.45] ACORN Caught: Expose Their Lies Once and for All

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Sep 22 10:50:09 PDT 2009

-----Original message-----

From: "Newsmax.com" newsmax at reply.newsmax.com
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 12:28:46 -0700
To: "lfalen at turbonet.com" lfalen at turbonet.com
Subject: [Spam 9.45] ACORN Caught: Expose Their Lies Once and for All

An urgent message from our Newsmax Sponsor,
the Republican National Lawyers Association

ACORN Has Been Exposed.

ACORN Has Been Tossed From the Census.

The Senate and House Vote to STOP Its Funding.

You Can Deliver a KNOCKOUT Blow to ACORN.

Read Urgent Letter Below.

Dear fellow American:

There is absolutely no dispute on the facts about the radical activist
group ACORN.

Among the most chilling: ACORN workers have been charged with criminal
acts in at least six states in the last year and more than 14 in
recent years.

You and I have seen the incredibly shocking video footage on Fox and
other networks. ACORN staffers knowingly assisting a
“prostitute” and “pimp” to set up brothels.

ACORN staffers knowingly advised on how to set up child prostitution
using girls from a foreign country — girls as young as 12 years
of age.

It’s disgusting. But I believe these recent allegations are just
the tip of corruption involving ACORN.

Just last week, 11 more Florida ACORN employees were being charged.

ACORN’s specialty appears to be vote fraud.

Such vote fraud is the “dirty work” arm of the Democrat
Party and liberals.

ACORN’s cover story is that it is a community organization
helping lower-income people with housing, the census, and now even
healthcare “reform.”

Unbelievably, for these supposed charitable efforts, they have
received $36 million in federal money from HUD alone — your
taxpayer dollars — since 2006.

Amazingly, Democrats have fought to back this corrupt group.

The ties between the Democratic Party and even President Barack Obama
and ACORN are strong.

During the 2008 campaign, Obama’s campaign paid over $800,000 to
an ACORN-related group for “get out the vote” services.

In Illinois, Obama had long-standing ties with ACORN. He himself had
worked as a “community organizer.”

Here’s what Obama’s own campaign Web site said about Obama
and ACORN’s relationship: When Obama met with ACORN leaders in
November, he reminded them of his history with ACORN and his
beginnings in Illinois as a Project Vote organizer, a nonprofit
focused on voter rights and education. Senator Obama said, "I come out
of a grass-roots organizing background. That's what I did for three
and half years before I went to law school. That's the reason I moved
to Chicago was to organize. So this is something that I know
personally, the work you do, the importance of it. I've been fighting
alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before
I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration
drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we
appreciate your work."

Despite these close ties, more and more Americans are becoming aware
of ACORN’s corruption.

One key reason is my organization: the Republican National Lawyers
Association (RNLA).

We have made fighting ACORN a top priority. Help Us Continue — Go
Here Now.

As the nation’s leading Republican lawyers, we have led the
fight for open, fair, and honest elections, and we have focused our
resources on exposing ACORN.

John Fund of The Wall Street Journal says: “The Republican
National Lawyers Association has been a primary organization exposing
ACORN’s crimes. They have done remarkable work.”

It was the RNLA’s expert investigators who uncovered the fact
that ACORN is not just one group but a shell for over 200 separate
organization names — many residing at the same New Orleans
address.

Many of these ACORN groups claim to be charities and seek government
money for their operations.

We at the RNLA are moving aggressively to shut down government funding
for ACORN and its political operations.

Here are just a few of the actions we are taking:

 - The RNLA just this week demanded an investigation into ACORN by the
non-partisan Office of Inspector General of the Department of Housing
and Urban Development and the Department of Justice.

 - The RNLA is planning to file complaints with the IRS to demand that
the IRS investigate these “charities” and the tax status
of ACORN and its affiliates.
 - The RNLA plans to file a complaint with the Federal Election
Commission against ACORN based on information that the RNLA has
uncovered.
But we need to do more — much more — to expose them and cut
off their government funding.

Help us win this fight and stop ACORN now and forever by Donating Here
Now.

Many Democrats are beginning to flee ACORN like rats from a sinking
ship.

We at the RNLA are the shining light and truth on this corrupt
organization. And our efforts are paying off.

As you know, in the recent Senate vote, an overwhelming majority of
Democrats voted to cut off ACORN from federal housing funds. The House
went even further and adopted a measure to cut off all funding.

But funding is not cut off yet.

ACORN allies will go to any length to keep ACORN funded. House Speaker
Nancy Pelosi's top lieutenant, Rep. Jerrold Nadler of New York (chair
of the subcommittee that should be investigating ACORN), has said the
legislation to defund ACORN is unconstitutional!

Speaking for liberals and ACORN allies, Rep. Nadler said right after
the ACORN defunding vote: “It may be that ACORN is guilty of
various infractions, and, if so, it ought to be vetted, or maybe
sanctioned, by the appropriate administrative agency or by the
judiciary. Congress must not be in the business of punishing
individual organizations."

"May be . . . guilty"?!? How much proof do you need?

As far as vetting, that is Rep. Nadler’s job as chairman of the
Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties Subcommittee of the
House.

The RNLA has testified before your committee and even convinced
Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, D-Mich., that an
investigation of ACORN was warranted but they refused.

Pelosi and Nadler will find ways to continue to fund ACORN unless we
remain vigilant.

Please help us in this urgent battle — Go Here Now.

And, while the Obama administration has decided not to provide ACORN
with funds to help with the census, they are still receiving millions
of dollars, and entitled to receive even more, through other
government agencies and programs.

For the first time, ACORN is on the ropes — with your help, the
RNLA will ensure that ACORN goes down for the count.

RNLA will not stop until the ACORN nut is cracked. Support our efforts
— Donate Here Now.

Sincerely,

Michael Thielen
Executive Director

P.S. ACORN, the group that is advising hookers and pimps how to avoid
paying taxes, has affiliates that are also not paying taxes themselves
on their contributions because they claim to be charities. ACORN has
committed massive voter registration fraud across the country. Thanks
to the support of people like you in the past, we are winning some of
the battles against ACORN right now, but we need your help NOW to win
the war. Donate Here Now to the RNLA.

This e-mail is never sent unsolicited. You have received this Newsmax
e-mail because you subscribed to it or someone forwarded it to you. To
opt out, see the links below.

                                  TO ADVERTISE

                           For information on advertising, please
contact Newsmax Advertising Sales via e-mail.

                                  TO SUBSCRIBE

                           If this e-mail has been forwarded to you
and would like a subscription, please sign up here.

Remove your e-mail address from our list or modify your profile. We
respect your right to privacy. View our policy.

This e-mail was sent by:
Newsmax.com
4152 W. Blue Heron Blvd., Ste. 1114
Riviera Beach, FL, 33404 USA