[Vision2020] [Spam 5.41] A Thought to Ponder

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Sep 22 09:59:57 PDT 2009

Keely
I am not particularly keen on defending insurance companies. My dad told us he didn't care what we did for a living, just so we did not peddle insurance. It griped him that they played on peoples love for their family to sell them insurance they did not need. However they are necessary. I will agree with you on those insurance  companies that cheat their clients, but that is not all of them. What needs to be done is bring down the cost. Tort reform will go a long way is doing that. Everything ran by the government is inefficient and wasteful, including DoD and the military as Wayne pointed out.  I was in the Army and there was plenty  of waste and inefficiency there. I think everyone has heard of $1000 screwdrivers bought by  DoD. I am all for government insurance commissioners that monitor insurance companies to make sure that they deliver what they promise. The only role of government such be in oversight and some regulation. They should not run any program that can be don!
 e by the
free market. I would like tro see federal judges start to enforce the 10th Amendment.
I don,t think that you are one of those who think that those with a different viewpoint are heartless bastards.
Roger