[Vision2020] Lambert Won't Seek Re-Election to City Council

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Sep 5 06:11:43 PDT 2009

Courtesy of today's (September 5, 2009) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

Lambert won't seek re-election to City Council
Served one term

Moscow City Councilman Bill Lambert will not seek re-election this fall.

Friday was the last day to file for the Nov. 3 election. Lambert declined
to say why he chose not to run again.

"It's nothing to do with the position. I've enjoyed being on the council
and serving the city," he said.

Lambert's absence leaves six candidates seeking three open seats. The
candidates are Councilman Walter Steed and newcomers Scott Billing, Dennis
Deccio, Tim Brown, Sue Scott and Nels Reese. The seats currently filled by
Steed, Council President John Weber and Lambert are up for election.

Moscow Mayor Nancy Chaney filed her re-election paperwork Monday at City
Hall and will take on Weber, who made his mayoral candidacy official last
week.

Although there were not many votes cast by Councilman Lambert to which I
agreed, I never questioned his loyalty nor his service to the people of
Moscow.

While many of the discussions concerning key city issues became heated,
your willingness to openly discuss these issues and provide meaningful
debate was appreciated.

Introductory Comments by Councilman Lambert (January 9, 2008)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GmvgSUJaKw

Thanks for your service, Councilman Lambert.

Seeya at Farmers' Market, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown