[Vision2020] MPD Press Release

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 07:25:24 PDT 2009

In the Navy, we called this the "Law of Gross Tonnage".  A sailboat
theoretically has right of way over an aircraft carrier, but good luck
asserting that right.

The one thing I wish some bicyclists would clue in on: car's don't stop
on a dime.  They have a certain momentum that has to be taken into
account.  In a fight between even a small car's mass and a bicycle,
guess who's going to win?  Yeah, you might theoretically have had the
right of way - but it will do you little good when you are dead.

Paul