[Vision2020] Does Weber use email?

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Thu Oct 29 16:59:53 PDT 2009

When I was working on trying to get the city to not pass their modified noise ordinance 2 years ago, I emailed John Weber several times, the last time requesting (pleading for) a response from him.
I was pretty disappointed that I never received a reply from him (and Bill Lambert).  I received replies from pretty much everyone else I emailed, including the city attorney, the chief of police and the assistant chief of police.
Either John and Bill never received my emails, I never received their replies, or they never replied.
If John Weber got my emails, and never replied, then it seems to me he wouldn't make a good mayor, let alone city councilman.
Even if he didn't agree with me, the least he could have done was answer my questions and explain why he thinks giving police the right to issue a citation to anyone at any time for any noise the officer deems offensive is a good thing, and not an infringement on the First Amendment. Particularly when even the police chief offered a compromise solution.
If John was unwilling to engage a constituent then, I don't see him doing such as mayor. Mayors need to be willing to communicate, whether in person, by phone or via email. Otherwise their constituents start to resent them being in power, and definitely loose confidence and trust in their ability to be fair leaders...
Garrett Clevenger