[Vision2020] Need some advice

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Tue Oct 27 12:04:29 PDT 2009

Hello there folks,

I've been thinking about getting our daughter, Leslie, a Kindle so she will have opportunities to read books in which she's interested.  Here's the problem:  Her interest level is "LIttle House, etc." but her reading level is "middle first grade" or lower.  What I want to get her is something that will let her read independently, but if she doesn't know one single word she can point to it (or whatever) and it will audibly give her the word.  The program, Leapfrog, does that and she uses it, but the books are kindergarten, primary.  I want something more at her interest level.  To those of you who use Kindle, will it do that?   I know the new models have audio, but I don't know if they will isolate one single word, and when I read the description of the instrument, that isn't clear to me.

Thanks for your advice.

Sue Hovey