[Vision2020] More Evangelical Christians are Getting It

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 19 09:35:29 PDT 2009

In spite of Christ Church's gross perversion last week (the "Sexual
Orthodoxy" ministerial conference), it heartens me to continue to come
across more and more Evangelical Christians who really are getting it.

A Step in Faith
Evangelical Christian Brent Childers explains his journey from believing
that homosexuality was an abomination to marching in a pro-gay march on
Washington.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/216910

"There are many, many others I have met in my work with Faith in America, as
we try to bring awareness and understanding to the pain and trauma caused to
LGBT people, especially youth, when church teaching is misused to justify
and promote a societal climate of rejection, condemnation, and
discrimination. . . Every person coming to Washington-whether they are
religious or not-does share one faith, and that is faith in America. We can
and must do better. As the progress of history has shown, Americans will
prove themselves able to see beyond religion-based bigotry to the promises
of equal treatment for all. Those who use religion-based bigotry to
persecute and discriminate against LGBT people are on the wrong side of
history, just as they were with slavery, interracial marriage, the treatment
of women, and so many other issues."