[Vision2020] MPD parking rules press release

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Oct 15 08:05:44 PDT 2009

PRESS RELEASE

The Moscow Police Department would like drivers to remember some rules
regarding parking.

When you park on the street be mindful of where you are parking.

-Are there signs warning you not to park in that area?  M.C.C. 11.4-4

-On two way streets, did you park on the wrong side of the street? I.C
49-661

-Are you blocking all or part of a driveway?  I.C. 49-660

-Are your parked more than 18 inches from the curb?  I.C.49-661

-Are you within 15 feet of a fire hydrant, 20 feet of a crosswalk at an
intersection, or 30 feet of a stop sign, yield sign or other traffic
sign or sign? I.C. 49-660

Any of these violations can get you a parking ticket.  Some of these
things can get your car towed away!

Cars parked on a public street in Moscow must be moved at least once
every 48 hours.  If it is not it can be considered abandoned and the
abandonment process can be started.  If we can't find you because you
don't have a local phone number and you have left your car on the street
for over 48 hours, or on someone's private property for 48 hours, we can
tow your car away.

As the snow season approaches, please remember not to park on city
streets to help the City of Moscow Street Department remove snow.

 DANIEL L. WEAVER
Prepared by:

Chief of Police
Officer Rick Whitmore - Crime Prevention