[Vision2020] NYTimes: The Uneducated American

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 15:53:44 PDT 2009

Andreas --

Quit asking silly questions.  Of course I do.  I have said nothing to
indicate that I don't believe in public education.  I aIso believe in
home education - admittedly, perhaps a bit more so.  I also believe in
attempting to find out why it (public education) is suffering before
resorting to only throwing money at it.

If I seem to be obfuscating it's because I AM bewildered. In fact I
think the entire education system in a state of obfuscation since it
is difficult to understand why, in spite of all that has been tried,
it is still failing. Perhaps part of my obfuscation is that I have not
seen anything else in this thread attempting to address the original
issue, with the possible exceptions of  HDP Joe (throw money throw
money throw money) and Nick Gier who suggests massive unionization
(which I think means throw money as well . . .)  Admittedly the
original tenant of subject was "The Uneducated American - Education in
America, suffering for years, is about to get much worse
thanks to cuts caused by the financial crisis."

So I guess the answers have been given.  Throw money at it.  Maybe BHO
can toss a cool mil into the pot.

Wasted again in obfuscationland

GS