[Vision2020] compromised email accts?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 06:27:59 PDT 2009

I haven't heard anything, but I would definitely *not* click on any
links in the email.  On the other hand, it might be worth going to
msn.com or hotmail.com directly in your browser and changing your
password the normal way.  It doesn't hurt to be sure.  Just make sure
that the url ends in "msn.com" or "hotmail.com" after you've gone there
- it's possible to have malware that reroutes you somewhere else to a
page that looks identical to the normal page.  If it doesn't end in
"msn.com" or "hotmail.com", or if it's a numeric IP address instead,
assume you have malware installed.

Paul