[Vision2020] The Saga Continues

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Nov 19 12:18:33 PST 2009

Maybe this has been said before, but I think the Newsweek choice had
much less to do with "sexy women sell magazines" and much more to do
with the theme of its story -- "What To Do With Sarah Palin?"

The
implied question is presumably asked by the GOP, which has had to deal
with a self-described pit bull with lipstick who plays up her sexy,
athletic, outdoorsy appearance while blowing off any suggestion that
she bone up on the policy and political issues at hand.  The GOP has a
huge dilemma with Palin, and the photo, I think, is consistent with the
kind of problems she poses for the Republicans -- how big is the "big
tent"?  And can the religious right, socially conservative, grassroots
fans of Palin get over the inconsistency of supporting a full-time
candidate/politico/former governor and mother of five who manages to
sound just a tad feminist at times, but posed as cheesecake when she
could just as easily chosen to satisfy Runner's World with a photo of
her running, stretching, or looking like anything other than Betty Page
in short shorts?

"What to do with Sarah Palin?"  Glad I don't have to answer that one . . .

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com