[Vision2020] CD recommendation

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Nov 18 21:41:05 PST 2009

Visionaires,

Folk singer Nancy McCallion, who combines traditional folk music with "Tejano" Mexican and Irish/Celtic influences, has just released a new CD, "Take A Picture of Me," dedicated to the working poor during this shattered economy.  Here's a link -- give it a listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrBP06WV7t8

I grew up with Nancy in Tucson; her brother sang at my wedding and our families -- hers staunchly Catholic, mine somewhat less so -- attended Our Lady of Fatima (whose unfortunate roof design earned it the nickname "Our Lady of Pizza Hut" as I was growing up . . .).  She and Catherine Zavala, whose brother did not sing at my wedding, were the creative force behind The Mollies, one of my alt-country favorites.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com