[Vision2020] The new The Saga etc.

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Nov 18 07:36:00 PST 2009

Welcome to Vision, John.  "Arms akimbo" refers to the hands-on-the-hips stance; I would add "the saucy hands-on-the-hips" stance, but it's too early for this feminist to be thought of as sexist.

You're dead-on with the "attitudinal disorder."  I'm glad Palin is in good shape and enjoys outdoor athletics.  But she chose to pose for Runner's World in the first place, and she chose to do so with short shorts and a top detailed with what every woman our age recognizes as side seams that enhance the appearance of an already slim waist.  Kudos to her for her athleticism and good taste in running wear -- but part of the good judgment she so egregiously lacks is in not foreseeing how "Sarah, Toned and Sexy" might be legitimately used by other sources.  I haven't looked as good as Sarah Palin a day in my life -- wait, I think March 5, 1979 was exceptional -- but when I was a runner, I had both running shorts and track pants.  Even sweats.  I bet Sarah does, too -- but the lure of the national spotlight might have made her forget them.

Yeah.  I think that's it.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com