[Vision2020] National Center for Atmospheric Research: Record Daily High Temperatures Far Outpace Record Lows In US

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 11:45:18 PST 2009

Did anyone actually access and read the published (or accepted for
publishing) research article on this issue?  I did not, because it required
a log-in and I suspect a membership fee... But access to the article is at
the website below... Or at the blue "PDF" I pasted into this post.  Just
reading through all the titles in this "Papers in Press" list for
"Geophysical Research Letters" is mind boggling.  I don't know what many of
the article titles exactly mean, but they read like a kind of scientific
poetry anyway.  The article in discussion is way down that list of articles,
as of today.

I only quoted and referenced a couple of articles summarizing this research
on daily record high and low temperatures, I suspect simplified for a public
readership.  Reading the actual published article that is being discussed,
which has or will appear in "Geophysical Research Letters," should offer
more details:

http://www.agu.org/contents/journals/ViewPapersInPress.do?journalCode=GL

Papers in Press
*Sorted by acceptance date *

Meehl, G. A., C. Tebaldi, G. Walton, D. Easterling, and L. McDaniel (2009),

Relative increase of record high maximum temperatures compared to record low
minimum temperatures in the U.S.,

*Geophys. Res. Lett.,* doi:10.1029/2009GL040736, in press.

[PDF <http://www.agu.org/journals/pip/gl/2009GL040736-pip.pdf>] (accepted 20
October 2009)
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett