[Vision2020] Collision Comment

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Nov 14 09:37:44 PST 2009

Wow.

As I've said before, and no doubt will say again, it is astonishing to me that the evangelical world has decided to elevate Wilson to the status of spokesman for the faith.  His theology is deficient, his debate skills are lacking, his character and conduct are grievous, and thousands of people across the country, a few hundred of them in Moscow, don't seem to care.  In a U.S. evangelical community that's full of dedicated, brilliant, kind, humble, probing, academically sharp scholars, this is who gets the press?

And no, I don't identify myself as one of the "dedicated, brilliant . . . "  But I am a Christian, and after seven years of studying Wilson's work and ministries, I can say, with full awareness of my own lack of formal education and abundant shortcomings, I would not recommend any part of any ministry, school, publication or movement that in any way originates from Anselm House to any person -- believer or atheist, man or woman, young or old.  Yeah, I think it's that bad.

So, in a fallen world, I guess it makes sense that Wilson gets the microphone, but it's tragic nonetheless.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com