[Vision2020] Vandals Strike again

donald edwards donaledwards at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:10:30 PST 2009

These billboard vandals should think about hiring an actual billboard hijacker like Ron English if they have a message to convey through their art.  So far they just appear to be hypocrites without an original thought.

See some examples here:

http://www.popaganda.com/billboards/index6.shtml

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:13:55 -0800
> From: "Bill London" <london at moscow.com>
> Subject: [Vision2020] vandals strike again
> To: <vision2020 at secure.fsr.com>
>
> Humanist Billboard Vandalized in Moscow, Idaho.Again
>
> (Washington, D.C, November 4, 2009) An individual or individuals have
> defaced a billboard in Moscow, Idaho. again. The billboard originally
> read "Millions are good without God" but was partially obscured with
> blue paint to now read "Millions are good with God". It's the second
> time the American Humanist Association (AHA)-sponsored billboard has
> been vandalized in two weeks. In the first instance the word "without"
> was completely blacked out, after which the AHA quickly replaced the
> billboard. The advertisement, which was originally placed
> mid-September, is part of an American Humanist Association advertising
> campaign to spread awareness about being good without God. It's the
> third billboard advertisement the organization has displayed in the
> Moscow area and similar ads have been put up around the country.
>
> A picture of the vandalized billboard can be found here:
> http://www.americanhumanist.org/system/storage/29/1225/Picture_002.jpg.
> The billboard can be found on Highway 95, just south of Moscow near
> the Sweet Avenue cross street, facing northbound traffic.
>
> "The irony here is worth noting," said David Niose, president of the
> American Humanist Association. "Some individuals are committing
> criminal acts while apparently claiming that their religious view of
> the world leads to good behavior. It's not a very convincing argument
> on their part."
>
> "This is not just vandalism, it is religiously motivated vandalism
> which attempts to silence a minority viewpoint," added Niose.
> "Everyone, not just humanists, should be concerned about such acts."
>
> The Moscow Police Department notified the AHA this morning. They
> believe the ad defaced between 1 and 3 am. The AHA has alerted the
> billboard company who leased the space, Lamar Outdoor, who said they
> will start leaving the lights on round the clock. The AHA will be
> replacing the billboard but hasn't yet decided whether to go with the
> same design.
>
> "I'm disturbed that this happened again," said Roy Speckhardt,
> executive director of the American Humanist Association. "Two
> consecutive crimes in a town where the last incidence of billboard
> vandalism was years ago makes it obvious that humanists and our
> message are being targeted."
>
> The American Humanist Association (www.americanhumanist.org) advocates
> for the rights and viewpoints of humanists. Founded in 1941 and
> headquartered in Washington, D.C., its work is extended through more
> than 100 local chapters and affiliates across the United States.
>
> Humanism is the idea that you can be good without a belief in God.
>
> ###
>
> Contact:
> [...]

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009