[Vision2020] Just Curious

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:52:39 PST 2009

The only thing you should have confidence in is human nature, Joe.
Politics covers all aspects of it:  both honorable and dishonorable.
As does local, state and federal gov't.  As a philosopher I'd think
you would be very well qualified to know that.

As it happens, I've read the memo you reference, and was at the
Chamber debate where it was first brought up.  I remember the look of
surprise on Nancy's face when it came up.  I think it is dirty pool to
use the memo the way it has been misused.  That doesn't mean I am
surprised by it.  A person in the public eye can never write or do
anything that they wouldn't want to be on the front page of the paper.
 Additionally, that same person needs to realize that anything to do
with the media is likely to get distorted.

I am frequently surprised/disappointed with some of the interesting
local stories (such as this memo, and problems at other local
institutions that I know of) the DNEWS does not choose to report on.
A good local investigative reporter could really "go to town."

And, yes, I do stand up against "crap" when I feel I can make a
difference.  There have been times in my life where I have had to put
both my money and my reputation on the line because I was unwilling to
take any more "crap".  In the case of politics I "stand up against
crap" by exercising my right not to vote for people that I believe are
full of it.