[Vision2020] Question

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 07:02:52 PST 2009

In yesterday's Daily News letters section, there was a letter written
by Gary J. Schroeder which contained the following quote by Mayor
Chaney from a "memo": “My preference is to: As a back-up strategy, I
propose that we ask IDWR, the Idaho Attorney General and the citizens
of our community for permission to offer Hawkins water from our
municipal supply, for a price and with conditions.” What memo was
this? If it was a private memo, how did Schroeder get a hold of it?
Shouldn't there be a full citation here? It looks a little suspicious
and I would think that the Daily News would have asked for more
detailed information saying exactly when the letter was sent, to whom,
and how Gary J. Schroeder got hold of the letter. I'd like to know
explicitly, for instance, if any candidates running for election this
year sent a copy of that letter to Schroeder.

By the way, it seems like a silly letter to me. Changing one's mind,
especially if one has more information, is not a fault.