[Vision2020] Reverse Racism?

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Sun May 31 18:36:16 PDT 2009

Gary,

Thanks for bringing this back on track. Doing some research, I ran across
this, which is still valid Idaho Law:

In 1963, pursuant to Public Law 280,
the State of Idaho enacted I.C. § 67-5101 which states:
The state of Idaho, in accordance with [Public Law 280] hereby assumes
and accepts jurisdiction for the civil and criminal enforcement of state
laws and
regulations concerning the following matters and purposes arising in Indian
country located within this state, as Indian country is defined by title
18, United
States Code 1151, and obligates and binds this state to the assumption
thereof:
A. Compulsory school attendance
B. Juvenile delinquency and youth rehabilitation
C. Dependent, neglected and abused children
D. Insanities and mental illness
E. Public assistance
F. Domestic relations
G. Operation and management of motor vehicles upon highways and roads
maintained by the county or state, or political subdivisions thereof.

AND, based on what has been released by the State Police:

“Mr. Rodriguez had knocked Trooper Talbott to the ground and then had
obtained a choke hold on him and while choking him and battering him, Mr.
Ellenwood, standing above the trooper was kicking him,” said ISP Commander
of Region 2 Captain Lonnie Richardson.
Richardson said there was no real pursuit that day. He said Trooper
Talbott had stopped the vehicle for speeding, 48 mph in a 35 mph zone,
after a complaint was called in about reckless driving. He approached the
vehicle normally once it had stopped at 22021 Cottonwood Creek Road. He
smelled alcohol on Ellenwood’s breath and made a decision to make an
arrest. Ellenwood exited the pickup he was driving and the fight ensued.
Richardson said both subjects were verbally abusive."

So, based on the Law, and what has been released, the Trooper was doing
his job when he was attacked by the two individuals.  The whole issue is,
did the Trooper have a right to be where he was, doing what he was doing?
If the answer is yes, then there isn't a problem with the shooting when
the two individuals started to choke him and started putting the boot to
him, and  to cause him to fear for his life.