[Vision2020] Reverse Racism?

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Sun May 31 09:42:55 PDT 2009

I'm very sorry to be the one to burst your little bubble but, while the nomination of your 55 year old latina is unquestionably politically savvy, she is far from the legal communities most prominent shining light. Her nomination will, no doubt, score OBL a few short term brownie points with a certain segment of the electorate but will leave scant impression on American jurisprudence. While her story is touching and all, you would be hard pressed to find anyone who honestly believes that she has the intellectual firepower to make any headway with legal minds the likes of  Breyer or Ginsberg much less Alito, Roberts, or Scalia. She is pretty much destined to be little more than a liberal "me too." In other words, affirmative action as it's most commonly practiced.