[Vision2020] Reverse Racism?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun May 31 06:13:22 PDT 2009

Paul Rumelhart stated:

"This is how it is supposed to work, as far as I understand it.  All
other things being equal, choose the minority so that the staff becomes
more diverse.  If the clear winner is a member of the majority or a
minority, it doesn't matter, hire him or her."

I agree with you partially, Paul.  A job should go to the best qualified,
regardless of race/gender, even if the best qualified for the job happens
to be a 55-year-old Latina raised by a single parent in the projects of
the South Bronx.

Right, g?

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown