[Vision2020] Obama to Name Sotomayor as Supreme Court Pick

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:46:42 PDT 2009

We have ALL been guilty at one time or another of selectively picking
sound bites to strengthen an argument.  In this case I have read the
links Ms Lund and others have posted, and I agree that they (sound
bites) have been taken out of context.

Based on what I have read and heard, I would consider Judge Sotomayor
neither a racist nor a sexist.  However I do think that these types of
"misquotes" would be used against a white man with a sadly misplaced
sense of entitlement (a bit of a sexiest statement do you not think?).

I do not, however, at this point in time, consider her to be
absolutely imminently qualified to sit on the Supreme Court.  I will
let the vetting process by others who are absolutely imminently much
more qualified than any of us, to make this determination.  It seems
to me there were a few absolutely imminently qualified individuals
initially selected to fill cabinet posts who eventually did not find
themselves in the inner circle.

GS