[Vision2020] Obama to Name Sotomayor as Supreme Court Pick

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed May 27 15:43:02 PDT 2009

This is a very bad pick. Any nominee should strictly follow the constitution. She has said that the Appellate Court ilis where policy is made. I know I am not supposed to say that, we are not supposed to make laws. She has also said that a wise latino woman would normally make a better decision than a white male. If this is not racist it is close to it. One would never hear the end of it if a white male had said the reverse.The constitution should only be applied strictly. There is supposed to be a balance of the three branches of government. It the court makes laws the balance is out of whack. There is a proscribed way to amend the Constitution. It has been done twenty seven times. It is deliberately hard to do so. That is why we have had a stable prosperous republic since 1789. If 5 out of 9 justices can say the law is what ever they say it is then the constitution becomes a fragile meaningless document and our republic is in danger. Five out of nine judges could then say !
 elections
are suspended and who they designate can rule. It would be equally as bad if a conservatives put their own spin on it. For example if they wanted to have a state proscribed prayer mandated that would also violate the constitution. The justices take an outh to uphold the constitution. If they site any other authority it is grounds for impeachment.The democrats fiibustered to stop the nomination of Miguel Estrada a strict constructionist hispanic. The republicans should return the favor.
Roger