[Vision2020] And From Moscow We Have . . .

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Tue May 26 18:20:52 PDT 2009

Tom,

An interesting moral proposition and one that does make one think.

I had a friend here in Moscow a few years back that was going through some
really rough times at home and at work, and he got caught with some
marijuana. He lost his job, his family broke up, and he moved. He was my
friend, is my friend and always will be my friend, even though what he did
was illegal. You'd be suprised how many folks wouldn't even say hello to
him, how many co-workers shunned him.

Rape, I'd have a problem with, as well as murder, treason, and mopery. BUT
the perpetrator would STILL be my friend, my brother/sister or a relative.

A fellow fell down a deep hole, and he couldn't get out. His priest walks
by and he shouts up, "Hey Father, will you help me out of here?". The
priest writes him a prayer and tosses it in the hole and moves on.  Next
his doctor walks by and he hollers up, "He Doc, I fell down this hole and
can't get out, will you help me out of here?". His doctor writes him a
prescription and tosses it in the hole and moves on. Then his friend walks
by, and he hollers up, "Hey Bill,  I fell in this hole and can't get out,
will you help me?", and Bill jumps down in the hole! The poor sod looks at
Bill and asks, "Bill, I'm stuck down here and now you're down here with
me!"

Bill looks at him and smiles, and says" Yeah, I know friend, but I've been
down this hole before and I know how to get out!"