[Vision2020] Moscow July/August Record Lows Freezingor Below...But Snow?

Gier, Nicholas NGIER at uidaho.edu
Thu May 14 10:13:42 PDT 2009

Greetings:

I can remember coming back from Priest Lake some time in the 80s and finding everything in my garden frozen.  But of course I have the lowest lot on Taylor Ave. and all the cold air settles on me.  Needless to say, I have given up on having a vegetable garden.

In addition, my location means that much of the water from the ridge ends up in my backyard and up against my foundation. I once measured "Gier Lake" at 9 inches until I had an excavator dig some trenches for me. I have three pumps working almost full time.  If you are driving on Taylor these days you can see the discharge from two of my pumps running down the road.  It is illegal to hard plumb my discharge pipes into the sewer so that's the way I have to do it.

Fighting the water and weather gods for 36 years,

Nick Gier