[Vision2020] Obama tax haven proposal

Mike Deleve coolerfixer at roadrunner.com
Mon May 4 19:46:51 PDT 2009

 Paul, I don't think it will be very effective, unless tariffs are once
again imposed on imports. I think the closing of the loopholes by themselves
may very well have the opposite effect of their intent. Until companies are
truly penalized for offshoring jobs, they will continue to take advantage of
the situation. Yes, I'm talking protectionism. Why shouldn't we? The field
needs to be leveled again.
 The thing that I just not able to understand is this. Is every company so
shortsighted to not see what is going to happen when their are no more
decent paying middle class jobs left?  That IS what's happening now. Sooner
or later, the average American won't be able to buy all the imported crap
anymore. No amount of tax havens will do anyone any good then.