[Vision2020] Obama tax haven proposal

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 19:19:08 PDT 2009

I'm just curious what people here on da viz think about Obama's proposal
to close some loopholes dealing with overseas tax havens in an attempt
to bring in more tax revenue.  Will the corporations pull up their
stakes and move overseas?  Will this be coupled with a lowering of taxes
as an incentive or as a method of competing with the lower tax rates in
the Caribbean?

On the one hand, if these corporations are using loopholes to get around
paying their fair share of taxes, I can see it as a good thing.

If they leave the country or raise their costs significantly, then I can
see it as a bad thing.

I  was just wondering what other people here thought.

Paul