[Vision2020] House Bill 216 (Pharmacist Conscience Bill)

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:55:38 PDT 2009

Hmmmm . . . I suspect once again that, once again, Moscow Tom is confused
over what "really is" as opposed to what he wants something to be.   I can
see no wording in HO216 whatsoever that would support MT's claim that this
bill "allows potential employers to evaluate a pharmacist's job
application."  Where do you get this stuff?!?!

Allow me to direct you to the one salient section that apparently MT didn't
bother to read carefully (or at all), 54-1718A Paragraph (3) which states:

"It shall be unlawful to discriminate against ANY (my caps) person based
upon his or her declining to dispense or distribute pharmaceutical care or a
drug or drugs that violate his or her conscience."

I think it is safe to say this is on point with respect to any potential
discriminatory hiring practices.

GS