[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Mar 28 11:10:29 PDT 2009

"I was a stranger, and you welcomed me."

- Matthew 25:35

Good words, wouldn't you say, Arnold?

> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:15:03 -0700
> From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Say What?
> To: thansen at moscow.com; vision2020 at moscow.com; kjajmix1 at msn.com
>
> Keely,
>
> I don't know where you get your information that 135 million American
belie> ve as Buchanan does. However, I do agree that illegal immigration
is a
se> rious threat to the survival of the United States as an economically
strong>  nation with a positive future.

> The strength of the United States is based on the diversity which it
has,>  a commitment and loyalty to the nation, a willingness to put more
into
t> he community than they take out, and adherence to its laws and
conversion>  to its societies norms.

> I don't think see that with most illegal immigrants. For starters, most
o> f them don't even hold a loyalty to the United States and many are not
even>  willing to learn English. Many of them wish to convert their
environment
t> o the nation they came from, not convert to the US.

> Second, they do not follow the nation's laws. They disobey and destroy
th> e communities they live in, and send money out of the country, to
their>  country of origin. They often return to their nation of origin and
still
d> o not consider the US home. They just work here seasonally, or for just
a>  few years.

> Third, they take jobs from other US Citizens. Which weakens the
economy> , increased unemployment, and reduces tax revenues.

> Look at California and Southern Nevada. These areas are stricken with
dire
> poverty, record unemployment rates, astronomical deficits, and an
ina> bility to govern themselves. The proof is in the pudding.

> There is absolutely no reason to support a system which exploits illegal
wo> rkers, US workers, and the community tax base in favor of a handful of
> businesses trying to make a few bucks.
>
> Finally, It is incredibly discriminatory to deny people who follow the
la> w in over 200 nations worldwide fair and equitable access to the US and
bid>  on a chance for citizenship in favor of flooding the country with
illegal
> immigrants from a handful of nations to our south that follow no rules or
r> estricts.

> Best Regards,
>
> Donovan

bel> ieve as Pat Buchanan does, presuming that the only way our nation
"surviv> es" is if it remains, or reverts to, a nation full of
European-immigran> t descendants.  My 11 years of ministering to largely
undocumented Mexican
> immigrants has convinced me that we have nothing to fear, and much to
gai> n, from Hispanic immigration.  Recognizing that we have millions of
hard-> working, loyal, decent immigrants who desperately love the United
State> s of America would best be demonstrated by a broad and generous
amnesty,
> one that enfranchises people and, not insignificantly, allows the
count> ry to collect taxes and regulate employer abuse they often suffer.

> Why Pat Buchanan is so frightened would be a mystery to me, if I didn't
r> ead his stuff and have it confirmed that the "browning" of America, and
t> he "accented" English he hears, threaten his position as a privileged
whi> te
>  male and his dream of a country led and populated by people just like
him.>   Believe me, he makes it perfectly clear . . .

========================> =========================> ======

========================> =========================> ======

> Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for
Hotmail®> .. See how.
> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

> List services made available by First Step Internet,

> Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for
Hotmail®> ..
> http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?
ocid=TXT_MS> GTX_WL_HM_express_032009#colortheme>