[Vision2020] House Bill 256 Passes

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Mar 26 13:54:00 PDT 2009

There is one thing (among many) of today's debate of HB 262 that chaps my
EFFING hide.

As Rep. Nonini was closing the debate on HB 262, he made a statement to
the effect . . .

"Does a budget reduction and a cut in pay simply mean that the teacher
will not try as hard next year?  There are about 10,000 K-12 teachers.
What about the 260,000 students.  My main conern is with the students."

Well, Mr. Nonini, I have an answer.  If budget cuts continue in the K-12
classrooms, as well as the dinner tables of those K-12 teachers, those
teachers may be tempted to look for greener pastures, not just in other
school districts, but other states.  Then, how will your concern for the
students increase as there are no teachers when the class bell rings?

Maybe we ought to look more closely at salaries of elected officials.