[Vision2020] Josh Ritter to Play Rendezvous in the Park

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 17 16:41:57 PDT 2009

Courtesy of today's (March 17, 2009) Moscow-Pullman daily News and Omie
Drawhorn . . .

OMG!! The line up for this year’s Rendezvous in the Park was just
announced and I was ecstatic to see that Moscow’s own Josh Ritter will
take the stage. I was introduced to Josh’s music shortly after moving to
Moscow three years ago, and have seen him twice: once at the University of
Idaho’s University Auditorium and the other time in Boise. We made the six-
hour plus drive on a Saturday and returned to Moscow on a Sunday, but it
was well worth it. Josh’s accoustic performance of tracks from 2006’s
Animal Years in Moscow and his rockin’ performance that included music
from his latest CD “The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter” had me
itching for a return hometown performance. And here it is…. Once tickets
go on sale, I am so there….

Did I mention he sticks around after each show to meet all his fans? Very
exciting!

Oh, and here is the rest of the line up……

Ritter returns to Moscow for summer Rendezvous
Organizers of Rendezvous in the Park, Moscow’s annual summer concert
series, have announced this year’s festival lineup.

The series will take place July 16-18 in East City Park on Third Street in
Moscow.

Singer-songwriter Carrie Rodriguez will open the festival on July 16. A
Brooklyn, N.Y.-based fiddler, Rodriguez recently released her second
album, “She Ain’t Me.” In December, she was honored by the Roots Music
Association as “Songwriter of the Year” in the folk category. Her Web site
is:

www.carrierodriguez.com

JJ Grey and Mofro will continue the concert series on July 17. From the
Jacksonville, Fla., area, Grey and his band, Mofro, perform funk, soul,
blues and rock. Their Web site is:

www.mofro.net

Finally, Moscow native Josh Ritter will return to his hometown on July 18
to bring the festival to a close. Ritter released his fourth full-length
album, “The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter,” in 2007. His Web site is:

www.joshritter.com.

"Absence" by Carrie Rodriguez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws5vIZSROzc

"She Ain't Me" by Carrie Rodriguez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON_P4rQQHHE

"Everything Good is bad" by JJ Grey and Mofro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up5Yepoy9gc

"Lochloosa" by JJ Grey and Mofro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2nO8KfdYk8

"Idaho" by Josh Ritter
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Idaho_Josh_Ritter.mp3

"Temptation of Adam" by Josh Ritter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvCeCVmJAUA

Seeya at the Rendezvous, Moscow.

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.