[Vision2020] Humanist billboard

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Mar 14 11:40:25 PDT 2009

Thanks for the info, Bill.

I just ran across this item on those godless people of Denmark and
Sweden.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/28/us/28beliefs.html?_r=1

I have visited Denmark three times and Sweden once. My parents
emigrated from Denmark to British Columbia in 1928. I can read and
speak Danish and read Swedish. I learned all about being a good
neighbor during the Depression of the 1930s. And I enjoy being a good
neighbor to four college men across the alley and they are good
neighbors to me.

Ralph Nielsen

Dave tiedye at turbonet.com
Fri Mar 13 18:44:56 PDT 2009

Just a sign of the times:

<http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/03/09/
us.religion.less.christian/index.html?iref=newssearch>*http://
tinyurl.com/csna36*

*
 > *(CNN)* -- America is a less Christian nation than it was 20 years
 > ago, and Christianity is not losing out to other religions, but
 > primarily to a rejection of religion altogether, a survey published
 > Monday found. ...
*
*A very good sign IMO.*

*Dave*
*
*
Bill London wrote:
 > Godless Billboard comes to the Moscow/Pullman Area
 >
 > March 13, 2009
 >
 > This spring the American Humanist Association (AHA) will announce an
 > atheist/agnostic billboard to go up on Highway 95 just south of
 > Moscow. The
 > billboard will beckon nontheistic people by reminding them they
aren't
 > alone. It will also offer a Web site and toll-free number that will
 > provide
 > the public with further information about atheism, freethought,
humanism,
 > and Ethical Culture.

[more on original posting]