[Vision2020] Palouse Water Resouces: Was (no subject)

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:27:19 PDT 2009

The future impacts of increasing rates of water use is just one aspect of
increasing rates of resource consumption overall.  We in the US are already
consuming resources at a planetary wide non-sustainable rate, if these rates
of per capita resource consumption are extended to billions more people.

"The Planet" documentary quotes resource management experts who point out
that if the developing economies of China, India and others consume
resources at the per capita rate of the developed economies of Europe and
the US, and others, it will take five Earths to maintain the "resource
throughput," according to Dr. Mathis Wackernagel, executive director of
Global Footprint Network.  He states in "The Planet" documentary, simply:
"This cannot be the goal."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94tYMWz_Ia4

http://www.mnforsustain.org/author_wackernagel_mathis.htm
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett