[Vision2020] Alternative Water Sources/ was Potential

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Mar 11 16:12:12 PDT 2009

Yes.  I was (and still am) of the impression that a the Snake River
pipeline concept had been examined and researched, and that pursuit of
this project was considered not to be economically feasible, coupled with
other potential obstacles.

Upon further reasearch, I have found that, apparently the Army Corps of
Engineers, in March of 1989, had researched the Snake River pipeline
concept, along with various other options (Harvard and Laird Reservoirs,
Pipeline from Dworshak Reservoir, Paradise Creek Dam, and Robinson Lake
Dam).

The Army Corps of Engineers came to the conclusion . . .

http://joel.hamilton-family.org/Gallery1/MoscowWater/MoscowWater.htm

"The Corps concluded that if the region needed to seek an alternative
water supply to replace a depleted groundwater supply, the most feasible
alternative would be the Snake River pipeline.  The next most feasible
alternative would be the Laird Park Dam and pipeline, especially if the
flood control benefits were significant.  I don't see that anything has
happened in the last 15 years to change that conclusion."

This was back in March of 1989, virtually twenty years ago to the day.
Why these options were not pursued is open for debate.  Perhaps there were
subsequent analyses (which I suspect) that suggested the obstacles I
alluded to earlier.

Thoughts?

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.