[Vision2020] Spring break opportunity for kids

Jennifer Ingalls jennifer at inlandradio.com
Thu Mar 5 16:33:02 PST 2009

I know Warren and I have both advocated for Adventure Learning on this site
before, but I can't help but gushing about it a little more. Adventure
Learning is such an awesome program. A lot of youth-oriented programs offer
trips, activities, learning experiences, OR social interactions, but
Adventure Learning does all of this. Kids and adults who participate in
Adventure Learning teach each other, learn from each other, and are all
brought out of their comfort zones and onto equal footing. I think this is
particularly helpful to youth, but I know of few adults who also couldn't
benefit from learning more. Adventure Learning is really "across the
curriculum" learning, as well. During a trip, you might learn about plant
species or animal tracks, but you will also learn how to write prose or
poetry about your experiences and how to effectively communicate to the
people with whom you are travelling. Go to the presentation  . . . you will
not be disappointed!

Jennifer L. Ingalls

  _____