[Vision2020] Failed Drug Policies from Nixon to Bush

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Mon Mar 2 15:54:24 PST 2009

Donovan writes:

"that statement is so outlandish it is hard to take anything else you say seriously."

Perhaps we all say things that seem outlandish, but from my experience seeing people I know on cocaine, that's my opinion. Knowing that people chew coca leaves for precisely the same reason people drink coffee, it really isn't as outlandish as you may believe. Anyway, my point was not to say they were equal, but that they are more similar than cocaine and alcohol are to one another. Caffiene and cocaine are both stimulants.

Have you seen first hand the effect of cocaine on people you know?

Alcohol is not legal for people under 21 years of age, which was the age bracket of people I was refering to.

I've been drunk on alcohol enough to know that the impairment it causes seems way beyond what cocaine causes, but maybe because I grew up in Lost Angeles, I shouldn't be taken seriously in any regard;)

gclev