[Vision2020] Say Whut?

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 14:17:48 PST 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com>wrote:
**
*There are reasons they made those choices*

Probably.  If so I haven’t seen any listed.  Love to though.

*perhaps that will help them restructure the auto industry so that the same
problems don't continue to persist.*

You may be on to something.  Faced with making a purchase these folks chose
foreign. What better way to get a message across than to look Detroit in the
face and ask “Tell me why I did that?”

*Or do you think they're being "un-American" for not buying crap cars at *

*exorbitant prices?*

Not at all.  I just found in amusing.  Like the message on the envelope of a
recent TIAA-CREFF letter that said (in part) “Take a Deep Breath”

By the way, what exactly can one buy that really is made in America?  Check
out http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

*Are you of the opinion that American cars are better, just because they *

*are built by Detroit?  *

Heck no.  I’m partial to Audi myself . . .

*The auto industry, like some other industries lately, have shot *

*themselves in the foot for better quarterly gains.  I could care less if *

*they all go under.  Good riddance.  Let some other group of hungry *
*engineers take a stab at it.  I can't wait until Tesla evolves a bit more.*
**
I’m in total agreement with you.  Comparing their battery packs with the
horribly environmental unfriendly Prius (bigger footprint than a Hummer) the
lithium oxide Tesla batteries contain no lead, mercury, cadmium, chromium -
no heavy metals, nor any toxic materials.  You can toss them in a landfill
with no problem. In practice though the cells are shredded and the composite
elements (copper, aluminum, nickel) are separated and used again.

Nice looking roadster too.

GS