[Vision2020] Obama to Rescind Conscience Rule

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Sun Mar 1 11:13:14 PST 2009

If the business the person in question works for is dissatisfied with their job performance, then it seems it would be up to them to decide what to do with that person. As long as they not breaking the law, why should the government be managing personale issues?

Perhaps it's up to the Amer. Med Assoc. to decide what qualifies as proper job performance.

Is the Hypocratic Oath a contract, or an attempt to steer doctors towards best practices? Just like most things, is it open to interpretation? If people believe abortion is murder and unsafe for the woman, how could they in good conscience approve of the procedure?

There are probably nuances to the 'conscience rule' I don't understand, and according to the article in question, it seems Obama is trying to clarify what this rule says, which makes sense.

I had initially came to the same conclusion as those who criticized my final statement in my last email, until I thought about the implications of complete withdrawal of what that rule meant: government interfering with people's religious views and free speech, and by default, mandating they do things against their morals.

I had written "ensure women have access to abortions that are as safe as possible." I was talking about the safety for the woman, not the fetus. I also never said taxpayers should be paying it. But now I'll say that it should be covered by Medicaid under certain circumstances.

I'm no health care expert, but this makes sense to me in my limited understanding of it all...

gclev