[Vision2020] Draft Ordinance Banning Smoking in Bars

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 24 11:41:03 PDT 2009

Excellent and extremely thought-provoking, Saundra.

Saundra stated:

"Oh, and to offer rebuttal, I certainly hope bar & tavern owners will take
a look at exactly where banishing smokers to more than 20 feet from the
door will put their customers."

During the coldest of winter months, twenty feet from any door will place
these customers in the snow.

Question:  Since the Ayotollah Lambert wants to extend the reach of this
ordinance to include private clubs, will the owners of these private
clubs, owners that paid lots and lots of their own hard-earned money to
purchase these private clubs, be restricted to those same snow banks?

Book 'em, Dano!

Side bar:  If this ordinance should go into effect, I offer . . .

TEN DOLLARS to anybody that provides me a photograph of any member of our
city council or city staff violating the ordinance, FIFTEEN DOLLARS if it
is Bill Lambert.

Seeya round town, Moscow.