[Vision2020] Proposed smoking ban ordinance

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Fri Jun 19 18:33:35 PDT 2009

Phil,

Glad you jumped in on this one! Not being a bar/club owner, I don't have
the facts at hand about  business loss, but I agree with you 100% about
RESPONSIBILITY upon reaching age 21!  I see this as another form of Big
Brother legislation!

And I had no idea that the concerned citizen that brought up this "vital
need" to the community was such a fan of NAFTA, which he must be having
his manufacturing done down in Mexico!

And as to Farmers Market, with all the grills and stoves putting out all
that "bad smoke" maybe we should limit the foods served to cold foods?
Plus we have a glut of grills and smokers pervasive  throughout the city
that should be regulated too! Why should I have to put up with second hand
barbecue smoke?  It is believed that the air quality in the event area is
associated with the cooking material used and the activities are even
health-hazardous in some situations, such as barbecuing fresh meat!
Maryland has passed controls and regulations on such harmful smoke, maybe
Moscow should too!  (For those of you who know me, I'm JUST KIDDING! We
already have too many "rules")