[Vision2020] More Banning?

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Fri Jun 19 16:21:41 PDT 2009

Ted,

What about something less draconian than a ban? What about a physical
separation with air exchangers? What do you think about the way Bucers has
their set up?

I can tell you that as a smoker, I am less inclined to compromise with
total bans and advocates of total bans when their interests are up for
consideration later. And I vote.  There has to be a middle ground
somewhere.

And you mention that  keeping bars smoke free is a benefit to the workers
in these businesses who need the jobs yet are exposed to second hand
smoke. In the case here in Moscow, I don't even think the employees were
even asked. Based on the tape I saw of the meeting before city council on
the 18th of May, it was an individual that is a bar customer, and from his
comments, I have to believe he was talking about Mingles. So, because he
doesn't like the smoky atmosphere in Mingles,  all of the bars in Moscow
have to ban smoking?

I just think much more research needs to be done to see IF there is a
problem before the Council passes a ban. The quick, knee jerk reaction,
the simple solution to the problem IF there is one, is to pass a ban.