[Vision2020] Apology, bias, and the holocaust

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Jun 15 10:53:42 PDT 2009

Joe's apology wasn't offered to me, but he did mention me in his post below, so I do want to just add my comment.  What I wrote to Joe about saying that "everybody" who disagrees with him is, in his mind, "a slavery defender or Holocaust denier," was a bit of hyperbole intended to suggest that he was lashing out with labels that don't apply to the people who received them.

Joe didn't take well to my private suggestion or my on-line post, but he did mention me, so I want to clear up one thing.

I'm sure he understands that I wasn't suggesting that he really believes, always, that every single person who ever disagrees with him on any point is automatically, in his mind, always a Wilson supporter or, in every case, an ally of Holocaust deniers, or simply bad, bad, bad.  (See the hyperbole?)  I was aware that a decent guy would seem unreasonable to his critics by writing in a way that didn't reveal his true character, and also aware that many of us were pained to see him lash out as he did -- for which he has graciously apologized.  I just want to make sure that no one misunderstands what I said to him.

For the record, I think there's very little doubt in anyone's mind how
I feel about Wilson, Christ Church, hate groups, racism, bigotry, or
anything else.  Like Joe, I could not live with myself if I
countenanced bigotry -- particularly, in my case, bigotry in the name
of Christ.  I've immersed myself over the last seven years in attempting to understand and critique all of the above, and, like Joe, I sometimes regret the way I've put something.  Because of that, I commend him for his apology here.

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/