[Vision2020] Customers Need Parking

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jul 31 05:31:32 PDT 2009

Bear -

Ron Force was merely analyzing the costs related to a multi-level parking
structure; an option taken into consideration by UI just before the big
empty lot on Sweet Avenue (just east of the ITED building) was converted
into a parking lot.

In fact, unless I am mistaken, it was suggested (laughingly, I suppose)
that a multi-level parking structure be built in the vicinity of
Friendship Square and the Jackson Street lot.  This suggestion did not
grow roots.  Thank God.

One suggestion was brought up a while back (by Bob Greene, I believe) to
create parking lots on the outskirts of Moscow's central business district
and institute a "Park 'n Ride" system supported by local shuttle buses.

Whatcha think, Moscow?